Last year I created a page listing all the cooks in one place:
Here is the page for 2018!
Another great month of cooking. Highlights this month include:
- Crown Roast of Lamb – one of the most spectacular looking cooks I have done so far.
- Grilled Halloumi Burger from DJ BBQ’s new book – probably the best feedback on any of my cooks so far!
- Tomato Pie from the same book, a dish that doesn’t sound like much but tastes so, so good!
- More veg and fish dishes, really enjoyed them all again.
- Kerala “fried” chicken on the Vortex, so crunchy!
- 1st review on my blog – The Houlker Flame Guard.
- More taco’s from the awesome book by Breddos Tacos.
- 1st run on the Joetisserie with a hundred day old chicken from The Ginger Pig.
Last month I wrote “I think this was my favourite month of cooking so far.” – I think March just topped it!
Hard to pick stand out dishes as there were so many great cooks but the Tacos were fantastic and I really enjoyed the fish and veg dishes.
- Loads of Tacos from the Breddos book.
- Asian, Korean and Persian dishes – lovely flavours, new ingredients.
- New plates!
- Quite a few veg dishes which have been really nice.
- More fish dishes which have also been really nice.
- Cooking over logs in the WSM and hanging meat in the WSM over logs.
- Cooking 2 dishes with a Flambadou.
- A full fry up – awesome!
- Cooking on gas!
Oh my, where to start? As I write this I think this was my favourite month of cooking so far. So many great cooks, 1st time cooks and discoveries – really enjoyable!
Stand out dishes for the month from some great recipes by Chef Tom Jackson and Breddos Tacos.
- Discovered and played with Activated Charcoal in Pizzas, Burger Buns and a Steak Rub!
- Cooked with a Salt Block for the 1st time.
- The 1st Veg cook of the blog!
- My 1st cook on the Indian Firebowl.
- The Best pizza I have cooked on the Uuni so far!
- A lot of Asian Influenced recipes.
- Some great Uuni cast iron cooks.
- Tacos! Loads of them!
- Best Burger Yet (Twice !)
Kicked the year off with some really nice cooks. Planet Barbecue by Steven Raichlen provided some great recipes to start off with.
- The pulled hand of pork was a nice cheap cut of meat to do pulled pork with.
- The Rotisserie leg of lamb from Planet Barbecue was outstanding, on the hit list for 2018 already!
- The Barbacoa was great as it used a lot of ingredients that were new to me, another one for the hit list in 2018.
- Lamb Steaks with Szechuan pepper cooked in cast iron on the Uuni was fantastic. Loving cast iron cooks on the Uuni!
- Smoked Lamb Shoulder by Jess Pryles was also a cracking cook. and one I would repeat with lamb shoulder again. Definitely on the 2018 hit list.
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG VIA EMAIL